Senior Specialist: Quantitative Development at Liberty Group Limited
At Liberty, we employ more than 6,000 people in 7 companies in 18 African countries. Every day, our employees develop their knowledge by working with diverse groups of people who specialize in a wide range of skills in the areas of insurance, asset management, investing and healthcare products. We continually seek to engage, develop, recognize and reward the people who make our business successful.
Lead the quantitative development capacity to grow and support long-term business strategy
3 to 5 years of experience in a similar environment, including 1 to 2 years at the junior specialist level
Advanced licenses and diplomas [NQF Level 07] in mathematical sciences
Additional minimum qualifications
Strong math skills combined with computer science
5 years of experience
Programming languages ââ(C ++, Java, C #)
Have management potential
- Implement quantitative analyzes, models and methodologies used in product development, pricing and valuation in asset liability management, structuring, credit and asset management activities.
- Implement tactics, controls, and support models tailored to your needs for quantitative analysis.
- Responsible for improving quality, services and work results, continually recommending improvements.
- Plan the organization of work results and process improvement activities in light of a specific situational context related to the area of ââspecialization.
- Proactively identify issues related to the area of ââspecialization, determine the causes and effects, and recommend the best option to implement corrective actions based on previous experience.
- Provide expert advice and expertise to internal / external clients, who build strong relationships and create a favorable impression aligned with the principles of Fair Client Treatment (TCF).
- Adhere to financial controls, governance and compliance policies and processes across an area of ââspecialization, contributing to profitability.
Learning and Growth
- Contribute positively to the improvement of human capacities, linked to the optimization of knowledge and associated with the field of specialization.
- Comply with risk management and governance policies, implement and provide input to the development of related processes, applicable to the area of ââspecialization.
Values ââof freedom
- Data analysis (intermediate)
- Pricing and Business Practices (Intermediate)
- Product knowledge (traders and traders) (intermediate)
- Research and information gathering (intermediary)
- Reports and Interpretation (Intermediate)
- Decision making and problem solving (intermediate)
- Statistical and mathematical analysis (competent)
- Customer advice (technical) (intermediary)
- Persuade and influence (intermediary)
- Professional / technical learning (intermediate)
- Analytical Thinking (Competent)
- Entrepreneurial and Business Thinking (Intermediate)
- People management and empowerment (intermediate)
- Interpersonal efficiency (intermediate)
- Problem solving and analysis (intermediate)
- Teamwork and cooperation (intermediate)
- Communicate with impact (intermediate)
- Relationship management and networking (intermediary)
- Customer focus (intermediate)
We put our knowledge and insight gained over the past 60 years to serve a pan-African market of the future. Liberty received its eighth certification as a Top Employer from the Top Employers Institute. See details here link