Intermediate or Senior Front-End Developer (Remote)
Remotely – with the obligation to visit Cape Town headquarters once a quarter each year.
The company creates software (cloud) that develop the activities of their customers. The work covers a variety of industries and a range of IoT software applications and projects. Customers range from startups, scale-ups, and businesses that need brand new cloud software or are upgrading or replacing existing software.
You will join a creative team of product managers, UX designers and researchers, software architects, software developers and quality assurance analysts and engineers dedicated to delivering software that delivers value to our customers. customers and engaging experiences to users.
We are serious about always learning new things. We create the time and opportunities for you to learn and develop new skills and to actively promote and reward you for taking on more responsibility aligned with your career goals.
What is working with us like?
- Exposure to a range of industries, projects and technologies
- Work in teams of product managers, UX designers and researchers, software developers and QA
- Work remotely but not in isolation
- Continuously learn brilliant new things within the allocated budget and training time
- A mentor with experience in the skills you want to develop
About the role
Join our team as a senior or mid-level front-end software developer. It will be your job to develop front end software based on UX and UI design specifications and other acceptance criteria. We believe that a good front-end developer is empowered to contribute to the software business case as well as UX and UI designs to achieve the most optimal solution. Your job is not just to provide code.
- Deliver code based on a product backlog
- Agile software development
- Technical direction of a small development team
- Provide feedback on UX and UI designs to optimize development efforts
- Provide input into the product
- Actively contribute to the entire team of Product Managers, UX Practitioners, Software Developers and QA Analysts and Engineers
- Continuous personal development and broadening of skills
- If you are an intermediary: help the senior software developer mentor the junior team members
- If you are Senior: supervise the junior members of the team
- Software and product support help
Knowledge and skills
First of all, you need the skills to take on the responsibilities specified above. You also need these technical skills:
- Experience with AngularJS. Other web frameworks (ReactJS, etc.) may also be applicable
- Design web front-ends with a framework
- API integration via HTTP. REST and REST-type interfaces
- Authentication with JWT
- Use cloud-based infrastructure (AWS and Google). This includes the elements of computation and data storage.
- Automated deployment infrastructure (Azure DevOps, CodeDeploy etc.
And these equally important skills
- Communication skills that allow you to collaborate and explain your process, approach and motivation to a variety of stakeholders, including technical and non-technical people.
- Able to work well in a team as well as individually.
- Zoom out on the big picture and zoom in on the details.
- Estimate effort on tasks, prioritize work and meet deadlines, but manage expectations proactively rather than working overtime to get the job done.
- Excited to learn, push technical boundaries and find new solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- A propensity to fail quickly and learn quickly and to share both failure and learning with others.
- Prioritize learning over being right. Understand others rather than becoming defensive.
- Demonstrated ability to learn independently.
- Understand the value of the customer as a member of the team rather than “us and them”.
Experience & Diploma
- At least 4 years of frontend software development experience
- Either B.Sc. or B.Ing. University diploma. Good academic performance, outstanding in software development / programming courses or additional 5 years of work experience without a degree
Pleasant to the well-off
If you check all the required boxes, the following will give you an advantage:
- If you’ve ever started your own business (it doesn’t matter if it worked or not)
- If you’ve built something of your own
- Active contributions to open source projects
- Flutter experience or interest in Flutter
- AWS Cloud Experience
- A preference for a variety of work and “horizontal” training rather than in-depth specialist skills
- Aspirations to mentor and coach other developers
NB: Must be based in South Africa
- Front End Developer
- Front End Developer
- Web Frames
- Entering UX and UI designs
- Architecting web front-ends
- API integration via HTTP
- Cloud-based infrastructure
- Automated deployment infrastructure
Desired work experience:
Desired qualification level:
Find out more / Apply for this position