DoorDash Unveils New Made By Women Platform and Announces Historic Partnership with WNBA All-Star and TV Personality Chiney Ogwumike
SAN FRANCISCO, March 8, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Today, DoorDash announced Made by Women, a digital, in-app platform that aims to advocate for women-owned businesses and raise women’s voices , as well as a first of its kind partnership with Chiney Ogwumike, ESPN multiplatform commentator and two-time WNBA star and forward for the Los Angeles Sparks.
To celebrate International Women’s Day, the multiplatform partnership with Chiney Ogwumike is launched today with a new national advertising campaign titled “In the zonewhich covers television, digital and social media. The campaign is a prime example of a non-endemic brand creating a national creation featuring a solo WNBA athlete, elevating the representation of women in advertising and media. The Spot: 30 simultaneously and seamlessly connects DoorDash and basketball through oral storytelling of a rising voice in the sports world, all while aiming to celebrate the women making history.
DoorDash and Chiney Ogwumike share many values and are committed to empowering local communities by working together to design initiatives that accelerate efforts to provide access to women across the United States and beyond. Chiney is forging her own path of entrepreneurship with broadcast, basketball and now business, and is dedicated to the mission of opening up opportunities for women around the world alongside DoorDash.
“I am thrilled to partner with DoorDash in celebrating and empowering women around the world. As a woman trying to balance everything, it is essential to show the world that we will continue to break glass ceilings every day and to ourselves. uplifting each other, ”said Chiney Ogwumike, ESPN multiplatform commentator and two-time WNBA Los Angeles Sparks All-Star. “On International Women’s Day, we recognize that women are bosses, and our mission is to open doors for the next generation. And for everyone who knows me, food is the path I care about, so working with DoorDash is a dream come true. ”
“We are constantly inspired by the myriad ways in which women continue to break down barriers and create change in food, sport, entrepreneurship and beyond,” said Vanessa Carr, Director of partnership marketing at DoorDash. “We are proud to launch our Made by Women platform and to partner with Chiney Ogwumike, a multifaceted pioneer who charts her own path while uplifting others along the way. We will continue to leverage our platform and partnerships to support and support women champions who are building their dreams. “
Made by women Also kicks off today with new features built into DoorDash to highlight and support women-owned businesses and independent entrepreneurs, making it easier for local clients to discover and support them. Women-owned businesses disproportionately feel the impacts of COVID-19. DoorDash views this commitment to supporting women-owned businesses as an ongoing effort that requires action through its product, voice and resources. Here’s how:
- Hundreds of independent women-owned restaurants in over 40 US states have switched to Made by Women and are now searchable on DoorDash by keyword “Women-owned”, including local favorites like Khao Man Gai from Nong in Portland, Kismet in Los Angeles, Goddess and the baker in Chicago, The heavenly delights of Fauzia in New York, and Glen Garden Market in Washington, DC
- Each merchant that is presented as a business owned by women has given their consent to be listed in direct contact with our team. Restaurants interested in registering can Learn more here. * DoorDash will continue to add new restaurants and merchants over the coming months.
- In an attempt to address systemic inequalities by providing capacity building resources such as capital, DoorDash will match lending to women-owned businesses through their partnership with Kiva, a global non-profit organization whose mission is to expand financial access. In 2020, DoorDash established a $ 150,000 revolving loan fund with Kiva and starting today, women-owned businesses will be eligible for a matching loan from this fund (up to 5,000 per loan. ). Kiva offers 0% interest crowdfunded loans to eligible business owners. Loans are made and administered by Kiva subject to Kiva Terms of Service.
- To further encourage customers to support women-owned businesses in their neighborhoods, DoorDash customers will see women-owned carousels in dozens of markets across the United States, Canada and Australia, including New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington, DC, Sacramento, Austin, Tampa, Detroit, Cleveland, Toronto, Montreal, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. Participating restaurants on the DoorDash platform are also identified by a banner on their store page.
- Caviar customers will also see an in-app Women-Powered Carousel with Pineapple Collaborative in select markets including Austin, Boston, New York, Chicago, SF, LA, Miami and DC.
Starting today, DoorDash will donate $ 1 per order of DoorDash and caviar ** from a participating merchant who has opted for the Made by Women platform, up to $ 100,000, to leadership programs from the James Beard Foundation.
These efforts expand DoorDash’s investments in supporting entrepreneurship and access to under-represented businesses and build on the $ 200M Main Street Fort funds, including the $ 2 million Powerful Main Street accelerator, a new program providing financial support and specialized educational resources to women, immigrants and BIPOC-owned businesses. By DoorDash Community credit program, they have also supported women’s empowerment groups such as Safe San Francisco Home, Sarah’s circle, and Girls for Gender Equity, and we look forward to working with more organizations that support the equality and advancement of women.
* Administration and eligibility will be at DoorDash’s sole discretion. We reserve the right to modify, suspend or terminate the terms at any time, including to comply with laws or regulations of any kind. To learn more about participating in DoorDash’s Made by Women, including eligibility requirements, see here.
**For every order placed from March 8, 2021 to March 31, 2021 on the DoorDash and Caviar platforms from participating women-owned businesses, DoorDash will donate $ 1, up to a maximum of $ 100,000, to leadership programs. from the James Beard Foundation.
ABOUT DOORDASHDoorDash is a technology company that connects consumers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 4,000 cities and 50 states across the United States, Canada and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash enables local businesses to meet consumer expectations for ease and immediacy and thrive in today’s convenience economy. By building the last mile logistics infrastructure for local commerce, DoorDash brings communities together, one door at a time. Learn more on the DoorDash blog or on www.doordash.com
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/doordash-unveils-new-made-by-women-platform-and-announces-historic-partnership-with-wnba-all-star-and-tv-personality- chiney-ogwumike-301242531.html