CIO Strategy Snapshot: Markets, Rates and Yield Curve
Jason Draho joined host Daniel Cassidy to discuss risk factors, both in the U.S. and globally, that could influence market behavior and trigger volatility, as well as explain how to consider positioning in the current environment.
Here’s a selection of some of the questions Cassidy asked Draho on Top of the Morning: CIO Strategy Snapshot call…
- For starters, we’ve seen extraordinary movements in financial markets over the past few trading days, including currencies, interest rates, and stocks. Jason, can you summarize some of this price action and highlight what factors you think are driving it?
- Last week, the Fed hiked rates another 75 basis points and also raised its expectation of how many hikes it plans to make for the rest of this year and next. Does the CIO expect the Fed to rise as much as it says it will, and what would cause it to rise more or less than it expects?
- Outside of the Fed, what are the risk factors inside and outside the US that you watch most closely?
- What does this outlook mean for financial markets in the near term (i.e. the rest of the year) and for next year?
- Given this highly uncertain and volatile environment, how would you recommend investors position themselves?
CLICK HERE to listen to the full podcast.